Abt. Associates Inc., a US based company, is implementing the PMI/ USAID–funded VectorLink Project, Ghana. IRS as a component of VectorLink Project has been implemented in Ghana since 2008 in some selected districts in the Northern Region.
Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing an USAID–funded PMI VectorLink Project to support national efforts in malaria control and prevention. Since 2008, the project has been implementing indoor residual spraying (IRS) to tackle malaria transmission in the Northern Region of Ghana with the main office located in Tamale. For 2019, Abt Associates Inc. is planning IRS implementation in nine districts of the Northern region.
For the VectorLink project, Abt Associates is seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary positions for Store Assistants at each of the following 25 operational sites /sub-districts
||Kumbungu and Dalun
||Wungu, Kpasenkpe and Janga
||Kubori and Yizesi
||Gambaga, Gbintiri, Langbinsi, Sakogu and Nagboo
||Nakpanduri, Binde, and Bunkpurugu
||Yunyoo and Nasuan
||Karaga, Pishigu and Sandua
||Gushegu, Nabuli, Galwei
||Chereponi and Wenchiki
Prior to recruitment, selected candidates will go through a training to get oriented to the job tasks and responsibilities. Store Assistants will be under the supervision of the Site Manager and also report to the Project Procurement and Logistics Manager.
Required Skills or Experience
|Store Assistant (25 positions)
- Keep daily records of all materials moving in and out of a store using Stock Cards, Request and Delivery Forms, Store Ledger and other inventory forms.
- Ensure that each unit of insecticidemoving out of the storeis properly labeled, serialized and recorded
- Ensure that all used materials (eg. Eempty sachets, nose masks, etc.) and in stock
- Ensure the store is clean, well-organized and items neatly packed on pallets.
- Carry out weekly inventory review
- Assist the Site Manager if the need arises.
- DBS/WASSCE certificate or higher
- Work experience with inventory and warehouse management is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Possession of a valid motor rider license is advantage
- Good English language writing and reading skills.
More from us:
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in Information Communication Technology (ICT) or other related field.
- Experience in data management with demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate large-scale data collection.
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation of results will be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Good understanding and experience (preferred) of software platforms for mass SMS
- Strong computer skills with good understanding on the use of MS Excel and Access
- Proficiency in English and one or more Northern Ghanaian languages will be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to the IRS implementing districts.
- Previous work experience in IRS will be an added advantage
Top Careers in Ghana, Top Career Articles, Job Vacancies in Ghana, No.1 Jobs Portal in Ghana