We currently have a supervisory position for immediate employment to manage the day-today operation of the bar. This position is a unique opportunity for a passionate, self-driven, vibrant, smart, open minded, intelligent, outspoken, bold, and disciplined individual to play a key role in the creation of signature, high-quality juices, smoothies, beverages and a variety of wholesome and tasty wraps, sandwiches, and pastries. The successful candidate will be expected to perform a variety of duties from the development and preparation of these products, to improving the overall customer experience at JuiceBox. Also the candidate would have to be knowledgeable and capable of operating a POS system based on the trained responsibility level. Social media savviness and capability of posting contents is a requirement.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities
- The Juice Bar Supervisor reports to the Juice Bar management.
- The Juice Bar Supervisor is responsible for the management of the daily operation of the bar including bar personnel to ensure the effective production and delivery of all food and beverages. This includes but is not limited to the development and preparation of juices, smoothies, other health drinks, salads, fruit bowls, wraps, sandwiches, pastries and a variety of small prepared food items, all year round in a timely manner.
- Development and modification of menu & recipes – ensuring a variety of unique and healthy food options.
- Plans and manages the procurement, production, preparation, packaging and presentation of all food and beverages to be sold at the Juice Bar in a safe, sanitary and cost effective manner.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the food quality rules & regulations established. Ensures the quality of the product, consistency of presentation, and proper handling of all food products in accordance with Ghana’s FDA food hygiene rules.
- Execute proper portion control with all ingredients per the developed recipes, portioning, and serving standards.
- Inventorying, ordering, receipt and accounting of all food and supplies – produce, goods, and packaging.
- Manage bar personnel and ensure appropriate professional standards of behavior, work standards, productivity, practices and guest care are adhered to.
- Manage human resources for Juice Bar in order to attract, retain and motivate staff while providing a safe environment. Support, train, develop, empower, coach, counsel, conduct performance reviews, conflict/problem resolution, provide open communication vehicles and discipline as appropriate.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the bar.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Review of guest feedback and immediately resolve guest complaints.
- Ordering and maintenance of supplies required for food and beverage production.
- Preparation of weekly activities according to business levels and quality customer service that creates and maintains a positive, productive working environment
- Be knowledgeable to operate a POS system based on the trained responsibility level. Operate cash register, collect payment, and make change accurately.
- Fill out end of the day reports and bank information clearly and accurately.
- Complete closing reports and counting of cash for the bank deposit.
- Development of educational training focused on health, wellness and sustainability related to foods.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Ensure that equipment and appliances are maintained and up to standard and functioning properly at all times.
- Fill out work orders when needed.
- Inform management of problems immediately.
- Take-up other duties as assigned by Management.
- Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Be a team player and maintain a good rapport and work relation with bar personnel.
More from us:
- At least 1-3 years of experience and high competency working in food preparation and/or production.
- Experience in leadership and/or management of a staff.
- Experience and ability in meeting deadlines in a changing environment.
- Experience in product and menu development and preparation in a creative and financially conscious way.
- Forecasting and operating within budget plans.
- Competency in forecasting and setting production and sales goals.
- Punctuality and timekeeping.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work under moderate pressure with strict timelines.
- Self-motivated and responsible, with a willingness to learn a wide variety of job skills.
- Proven team player, maintaining healthy relationships and working with co-workers, other departments and Community members in a creative, compassionate and direct way.
- Ability to take responsibility, inspire and be held accountable.
- Flexibility and the ability to make on the spot decisions.
- Ability to provide superior guest experiences in demanding situations.
- Willingness to connect with and care for guests.
- Ability to take initiative, and be detail oriented with awareness of the larger picture.
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on listening, empathy and common sense.
- Promote better health through nutritional guidelines for people and planet.
- Work with management to develop branding possibilities within the market and industry.
Jobs portal, Jobs in Ghana, Candidates in Ghana, Current Jobs in Ghana, Top Career Articles