Social Impact Ghana (SI) is an international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. SI provides services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI’s mission in Ghana is to provide technical assistance and related services to client and government organization, under its contract agreement with the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”) for Partnership for Education: Evaluating Systems.
The Evaluating Systems activity aims to support Ministry of Education (MOE), Ghana Education Service (GES) and local organizations to establish and improve basic education monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks that encourage learning and use of best practices, linked to Ghana’s new emphasis on primary school reading.
Major areas of support will include:
Providing technical assistance and capacity building support to MOE, GES and its development partners to help develop a systematic, coordinated and responsive monitoring and evaluation system that supports implementation of the Government of Ghana’s Education Strategic Plan 2010-2020 (ESP).
Creating a harmonized monitoring and evaluation operational framework that supports the implementation of the ESP.
Undertaking impact and performance evaluations that promote evidence-based decision-making in the education sector, with an emphasis on primary school reading
The Technical and Outreach Coordinator is a programmatic role intended to reduce the workload of the current technical team. This proposed Technical and Outreach coordinator will provide technical support, outreach, and coordination. This includes providing key support and strong communication of programmatic handover, conducting strong government outreach activities, government check ins, collecting and managing data from qualitative data collection exercises, and organizing and polishing toolkits and training materials for final handover.
Required Skills or Experience
- Liaison with MOE and GES at national, regional and district levels to schedule appointments or other visits specific to Evaluating Systems work.
- Provide technical support, outreach, administrative and programmatic coordination
- Monitor field-based activities
- Program-based communications and logistical work such as setting up workshops, dissemination events, and meetings.
- Lead the administrative handover key technical activities.
- Provide project documentation support to technical team
- Oversee and manage data collection of qualitative data.
- Write and conduct quality control on training guides and materials.
- Facilitate workshops, dissemination, and training events as needed.
- Other duties as specified by the COP.
More from us:
- Masters in a relevant discipline or Bachelors plus five additional years of experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years proven work experience in the field of program implementation, monitoring and evaluation and institutional capacity building;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with government officials;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with all manner of persons
- Ability to respond appropriately to fast changing work environment
- Must be fluent in English
- Experience with building personal networks.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Experience and knowledge of Ghanaian Education System is preferred
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects is strongly desired.
- Computer literacy is required
Jobs portal, Jobs in Ghana, Candidates in Ghana, Current Jobs in Ghana, Top Career Articles