Knight Piésold is a specialised international consulting firm offering engineering and environmental services in Mining, Environment, Hydropower, Water Resources, and Roads & Construction Services. We are proud of the longstanding relationships we have with our clients and delivery of exceptional services on a global scale.
We are seeking an experienced civil / geotechnical Design Engineer to join our team in Accra. You will be responsible for the detailed engineering associated with the design and construction of geotechnical and / or water management infrastructure on assigned mining related projects.
The Principal Engineer is responsible for managing the design services within the Ghana office and to assist the Regional Manager with business development activities as required. The Principal Engineer will contribute to the technical advancement of the team through facilitating the development of staff and assisting with recruitment of skilled team members as required
This role will be largely office based however regular travel to remote sites will also be required.
Required Skills or Experience
Our Ideal Candidate
You will be degree qualified in Civil or Environmental Engineering, have worked at least 10 years in a similar role with mining industry exposure and will ideally possess:
More from us:
- Geotechnical design (dams, bulk earthworks) expertise.
- A design / technical focus.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- A strong ability to prioritise tasks.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills.
- The desire and ability to mentor and develop junior engineers.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Flexibility to travel both interstate and internationally including remote sites on occasion.
Top Careers in Ghana, Top Career Articles, Job Vacancies in Ghana, No.1 Jobs Portal in Ghana