- To deliver the curriculum of the class assigned & teach children on key subjects of Math, Language Arts(Reading, Writing), Science, Social Studies, Bible. Maintain a positive, loving environment in the classroom that motivates children to learn and to love school.
- Impart Christian values and moral education to children and promote good behavior and discipline in the classroom and impart an appreciation and respect for diversity in the world.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans and fun activities
- Identify, develop, and use educational materials and resources in creative ways that accelerate learning on core subjects.
- Learn and develop strong expertise in the Abeka Curriculum
- Communicate regularly with parents and maintain and enhance an effective partnership with parents
- Monitor children’s progress and educational attainment
- Prepare homework for the children and mark/grade their work.
- Supervise children whether individually or in groups, to ensure their health and safety on or outside the school premises.
- Prepare and administer test to assess children’s learning.
- Prepare mid-term and end of year progress reports.
- Work together with team of teachers to achieve learning objectives of the school.
- Participate in Parent-Teacher Meetings, Staff Meetings etc.
- Support and encourage pupils and staff in a wide range of extra curricular activities and study support
Required Skills or Experience
- Knowledge and experience in Abeka Curriculum preferred
- At least 3 years primary school teaching experience
- Must be a Christian
- A Love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable
- Balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
- BSc/BA in education or relevant field
More from us: Top Careers in Ghana, Top Career Articles, Job Vacancies in Ghana, No.1 Jobs Portal in Ghana