We are a food tech business in West Africa on a mission to produce Africa’s most cost-effective, nutritious, and sustainable form of protein, palm larvae, with technology and farming systems proudly built locally.
We are looking for a talented marketing professional to help build and manage our brand from scratch. We are a young & dynamic organization with a lot of potential for growth! As our needs evolve, we have a strong commitment to internal promotion. Our ideal candidate should have the potential to evolve with us and be ready to acquire the skills necessary to satisfy future marketing needs.
What You Will Do
The Marketing Manager reports directly to upper management and the CEO. In this position, you will be responsible for all aspects of our marketing operations. Your central goal is to help grow our brand locally and internationally while generating sales, increasing brand awareness, and brand loyalty.
The Marketing Manager will work to develop and manage the media marketing campaigns for our brand, across outdoor, print, digital, TV, radio, and activations. We are looking for a marketer to manage day-to-day media plan execution and work alongside the internal teams (Sales and Operations) to align on strategy and bring these campaigns to life. This
person will work closely with and manage the agency on the development of our new brand towards the ultimate execution of the rebranding. The Manager is expected to analyze marketing & sales data, especially to inform decisions and resource allocation
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competences
- Preferably a bachelor’s/master’s degree in marketing, communication or any related field
- 5+ years of experience working in marketing and able to successfully strategize, execute and communicate innovative media marketing campaigns
- Can be inclusive of at least 3 years of experience working in digital marketing
- Experience in media planning and media campaign management, including print, digital, TV, radio.
- Understanding of the various communication channels (publicity, social, etc.) that lead to a successful marketing campaign
- Experience communicating with talent is preferred.
- The ideal candidate is high energy, motivated, has strong relationship-building capabilities and a capacity to work in a very fast-paced environment and manage higher volume workloads.
- You are a proactive self-starter who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge.
- You are passionate and curious about food, nutrition & sustainability and know how to build and maintain a brand digital presence from scratch.
- You are organized with a strong attention to detail.
- You are able to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities under deadlines.
- You are excited about advertising, driven to innovate and create disruptive campaigns that break the mold, generating earned media and social buzz.
- You are scrappy and relentless in trying to problem-solve.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
- You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!
What we can offer you
- Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience, education, and expertise.
- Benefits: Health insurance at the next quarterly intake.
Application inclusion demand: Please submit your cover letter, Portfolio (links to social media channels that you have managed or any media campaigns you have managed and CV)
Please ensure your CV includes
- A listing of software used in any role.
- A description of the business activities of each former employer
- Where applicable, a description/samples of the tasks performed at a former employer(s) that are relevant to the Core Competencies