Clean Team Ghana (CTG) is a social enterprise dedicated to bringing vital in-home sanitation services to low income residents of Kumasi. We offer improved sanitation, convenience and dignity, whilst offering cost savings to this underserved sector.
CTG currently employs 50+ Ghanaians to deliver its services to almost 15,000 Kumasi residents. We are looking to increase that by a factor of 10 over the next 3+ years. Every home we service is a household where open defecation or use of public toilets cease and dignity, convenience, personal hygiene and health can improve.
Our Honourable President and the Ministry of Sanitation and Water Resources have mandated that every home in the country must have a toilet and we are committed to helping that vision become a reality. We work closely with local government and other partners to ensure we deliver a world class service to our customers.
We are looking to hire an Innovation Officer to coordinate our innovation efforts across all departments as our business moves into the next phase of growth.
The role will involve research, design and testing of various ideas. You might be testing electric vehicles one day and leading a customer focus group about a new service the next. You must be willing to learn, listen well and work well with a wide variety of stakeholders. Additionally, you will have the curiosity and passion to improve the business.
Key areas of focus will be:
- Inspiration and best practice: you will be expected to be on the pulse of developments in the industry and technologies from other industries that could improve Clean Team. This will mean understanding best practice and scouting for novel ideas, insights and strategic innovation from a diversity of sources
- Developing skills: this is about training team members on the skills needed for sustainable innovation, and maintaining understanding as the organisation develops, to ensure everyone has the ability to put an idea forward
- Promoting open innovation to identify new opportunities: setting up and running ideas generation schemes and processes that encourage creative thinking across the business, with team members, key stakeholders and customers
- Experimentation You will be the company expert on building lean pilots, ensuring rigorous analysis, interpreting results and improving processes, products and services.
- Scaling successful pilots: you will lead the transition of successful pilots into business as usual, whether they be operational improvements or new service offerings. This will include developing business cases, using ROI and other investment metrics
- Follow customer responses to new ideas. In conjunction with the customer service team, you will track and analyse the success of new products and services, responding to customer or team queries.
The successful candidate will report to the CEO. S/he will become the expert point of contact within the organisation and will be supported by all departments to ensure they succeed.
- Remuneration will be between 2,000 and 5,000 Cedis per month, dependent on experience. Private health insurance will also be offered on passing probation
- On passing probation, you will become eligible for the annual performance related bonus scheme
- People development is important to us as an organisation and we will invest in your professional development with both formal and informal training opportunities
- Work in a culture that will push you to be your best, with high standards but also a respect for your ideas and opinions and a willingness to bring ideas to reality
- There is the opportunity to help build an organisation that shows the world that container-based sanitation can help solve the sanitation crisis that Ghana and many other nations are facing in a dignified and customer focused way
Qualification Required & Experience
- Knowledge of improving customer service, launching new products or building better business processes in an organisation or department
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with the range of CTG’s different stakeholders. Only a collaborative individual can succeed in this role
- Strong project management to build and manage schedules, track initiatives, report results and hold colleagues accountable
- Creativity and a willingness to constantly improve things around you. A curious mind, a desire to understand how things work and how they can improve is going to be a powerful foundation stone to success in this role
- Analytical skills to investigate problems and find solutions in various types of data
- The courage to think outside of the box and bring that thinking to tangible reality
- Numerate with an understanding of financial concepts including, but not limited to P&L, return on investment, customer acquisition cost, gross and net margin and lifetime value of a consumer
- Desire to constantly be learning and developing oneself