Sabre Education is a multi-award winning charity that has forged a reputation as one of the leading early years education organisations in Ghana – a country often cited as a leader for good quality early education practice in Africa. Sabre’s approach is built on a trusted implementing partner relationship with the Government of Ghana, and Sabre is committed to bringing innovations to the existing education system, to ensure all children can access quality kindergarten education.
Sabre Education is a partnership between two independent but linked charities, registered in the UK and in Ghana. We work in the Central and Western Regions of Ghana to improve the futures of poor and marginalised children.
Through 12 years of grassroots work in rural schools and a long term relationship with the Ghana Education Service, the kindergarten sector emerged as our priority intervention area. Kindergarten represents the start of formal education for 4 and 5 year old children, and the sector faces a number of challenges including poor learning environments and weak teacher capacity. Our Brighter Futures Programme provides an innovative and carefully considered response to these challenges, delivered through Building Better Schools and providing Transformational Teacher Training.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing organization as it moves out of an entrepreneurial phase. Sabre is the 2017-18 winner of the UNESCO-Hamdan bin Rashid Al-Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers and was featured on CNN Inside Africa. Its mission is to contribute to transforming the life chances of children in developing countries through the Brighter Futures programme, which builds sustainable kindergarten schools and trains kindergarten teachers to apply a play based learning methodology. For further information, please see: http://sabre.education/
The role is responsible for all planning and execution of construction projects and shall ensure accountability at all levels (economic, social, environmental etc.) in regards to project planning and execution.
The Rollout Manager shall work to ensure that site works carried out on Sabre’s Sustainable Kindergartens projects, are delivered on time, at the optimum cost and that the projects meet quality specifications set out by the designers and the Ghana Education Service (GES).
The Rollout Manager shall maintain a transparent process of engaging service providers (contractors/consultants) to undertake activities on behalf of the organization. And should possess soft skills that will enable them to adequately engage the project community and other stakeholders to buy-in and contribute to Sabre Building Better Schools (BBS) Programme.
Required Skills or Experience
More from us:
- BSc. in Civil Engineering or BTech. in Building Technology
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of construction projects in Ghana
- IT skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD and other design and estimation required
- Strong team player, but must have the ability to work independently
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of the Sabre Education
- Dynamic self-starter, able to work to pre-defined targets on own initiative
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time (working remotely and away from family)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent planning, organisational and problem solving skills
- Skills in mentoring and developing staff
- Project Management, Procurement & Subcontractors Management skills desirable
- Ghanaian National
Top Careers in Ghana, Top Career Articles, Job Vacancies in Ghana, No.1 Jobs Portal in Ghana