Ghana International School (GIS) Profile
Founded in 1955 with 38 students, G.I.S now provides a world-class education for 1,401 students, aged three to 18 years of age and representing over 40 nations. The primary curriculum is grounded in the English National Curriculum following the Cambridge Curriculum in English, Math, and Science. Secondary studies lead to Cambridge IGCSE and A-level examinations, with impressive results. G.I.S alumni occupy prominent positions in business and public affairs worldwide. The School is operated as a non-profit company. The policy is set by a Board of Directors constituted to reflect the international and multicultural character of the School.
Job Title: VICE-PRINCIPAL (Administration)
G.I.S seeks a Vice-Principal, Administration (VPA). The Vice-Principal, Administration (VPA), is an integral member of the Senior Management Team. The role holder works closely with the leadership team to lead and oversee all aspects of the school's non-academic operations. The VPA will execute the Principal and the Board of Directors direction for support functions of the School.
The role-holder is responsible for the development and implementation of the financial management strategy, the efficient operation of the support functions and for contributing to the development and achievement of the school's strategic goals.
Strategy, Vision & Leadership
- Provides thought leadership to chart how the school's administrative machinery will effectively and efficiently support its academic and co-curricular programmes.
- Advises the Principal and Board of Directors on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities and policies.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality.
- Serves as the management liaison to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Develops appropriate systems of financial and operations management that ensure the most effective use of school resources, strong fiscal controls, and supports the objectives of the school.
- Ensures the Principal and Management Team are consistently kept up-to-date with developments in the non-academic operations.
- Supports the Principal in identifying opportunities in industry developments, assessing the competitive landscape in Ghana and Africa, and making recommendations for remaining competitive, taking into account the unique non-profit nature of the schoo Supports the Principal and Board of Directors in developing and executing strategic initiatives that support the vision of the school.
Operations and Administration
- Oversees the support (non-academic) functions of the school and spearheads the development, communication, and implementation of effective operational strategies and processes across all the functions
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and employees, ensuring they are designed to accommodate the operational and strategic objectives of the school.
- Ensures responsibilities and accountabilities are understood and acted on by the senior managers: sets objectives, establishes priorities: monitors and evaluates results.
- Leads the team of support personnel providing mentoring as a cornerstone to the development of a high-performance team, while fostering a culture of performance. results-orientation, and accountability.
- Represents the school with clients/parents, regulators, suppliers, investors, and partners as and when required.
Qualification Required & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business or finance.
- A member of a professional accounting body is required.
- University degree from an accredited educational
- Certification in Educational Leadership, or Administration and Supervision.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of excellent experience in -teaching and/or administration.
- Minimum of 10 years of senior-level experience in accounting, finance and operations.
- Working in a fast-moving environment and a track record of success.
- Supervision of Human Resources, Facilities
- Planning, Security and Risk management is a plus. Senior-level leadership experience in an educational institution is a plus.
- Leadership role in change management.