A reputable mining company with operations in many countries is seeking for Finance Manager for a project for it’s new project in Bolgatanga enclave, northern Ghana.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Finance Manager provides strong leadership and direction to his/her
team to safely deliver on all operational and financial business plans during the project execution phase.
This position will be site-based, however during the project phase it is expected that significant time
may be spent in Accra and Bolgatanga Office.
The safety key performance indicators are: Total Recordable Injury Frequency Rate (TRIFR) is less than
2.5; Lost Time Injury Frequency Rate (LTIFR) is less than 0.5; Working related fatalities is zero.
Manage the Finance Department by leading the effective management of organizational assets and liabilities, contribute to organizational profitability and sustainability, maintain and enhance organizational development and growth, manage and assess financial performance, develop and maintain stakeholder relationships, ensure legal and corporate governance.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the Finance team to ensure the development of a working environment that is conducive to the achievement of budgeted Department KPIs and that employees achieve their full potential by gaining new skills through the provision of effective mentoring and training programs.
- Manage the installation and maintenance of systems to provide management with accurate and timely financial and operations records, information, and advice to optimize management of costs and revenue.
- Lead the annual development of both the Operating and Capital Budget, including manpower, to ensure compliance with established company parameters and timelines and provide line management with monthly reports on their respective cost performance (Actual v/s Budget) through the calendar year.
- Manage the Payroll Function for the workforce to ensure accurate and timely pays.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures to ensure all departments’ costs are minimized and that all adverse variations are reported, followed up, and remedied.
- Continually review every aspect of all departments to ensure that opportunities to add value and increase shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
- Develop, install and audit policies and procedures to ensure compliance with statutory and requirements for Accounting records and standards, Taxation, Protection of assets, and internal controls.
Job Qualification / Requirement
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Finance, Administration, or equivalent are essential.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience.
- More than 5 years of working experience in Mining in Africa
- More than 5 years in mining in a senior Accounting management role.
- Sound knowledge of mining safety regulations and best practices.
- Working experience in Africa or a third-world country that requires systematic coaching and training of employees would be a distinct advantage.
- A hands-on approach, able to work well under pressure and prioritize workload to meet project needs.
- Highly proficient in the English language.