Executive Assistant Will:
- Assist the CEO with day-to-day administrative duties and undertake a broad range of administrative tasks including compliance with legal and statutory requirements; managing appointments; compile and complete expense reports; handle and prepare correspondence; arrange acceptable travel plans, itineraries and agendas, as well as gather documents for both internal and external meetings;
- Communicate, on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, general staff, donors, clients and workers of other linked programmes and/or organisations;
- Organize meetings and strategic activities/events such as staff keep-fit/rejuvenation/retreat programs, and fund-raising and staff appreciation/recognition events; as well as coordinate logistics regarding meetings (both internal and external);
- Assist other executive(s) to conduct research on donors (e.g., corporations, organisations and individuals) and gather relevant materials to write winning proposals for access to funding; and
- Draft reports and letters of solicitation; compose adequate corporate documents and information for both internal and public (external) usage including for social media outlets and website; and prepare and coordinate oral and written communication with donors and clients together with taking calls and attending to emails.
- Support administratively in HR issues (recruitment support, documents preparation and formatting, and other administrative tasks), drafts emails and other PR correspondence as directed.
Boards Support and Liaison:
- Assist as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the Board of Directors and manages Board activities involving organizing Board meetings and programs attendance; processing necessary reimbursement requests; and conducting research on potential Board members for the Nomination Committee, and supporting in new Board member recruitment and orientations. Moreover, this role includes undertaking other related activities for proper functioning of company working parties (Board of Directors, advisory group, mentors, etc.) including arranging venues; and compiling, assembling, and distributing Board operation documents, meeting materials and reports; and handling correspondence before and after meetings; and
- Coordinate all activities including meetings of committees (e.g., Executive, Finance, Governance, Nomination and Audit Committee); and maintain confidential documents and contact information.
- Participate in meetings as an adjunct member including assisting in scheduling, as well as represent the CEO in designated meetings where necessary; and
- Support in setting and coordinating agendas of senior management team meetings; take minutes and prepare report on the meetings; and designate and follow up on allocated action-items.
- Ensure day-to-day smooth running of office(s) including purchasing of office items; and implement and maintain office procedures/administrative systems;
- Support activities of marketing staff, production team and product and services development lead;
- Ensure excellent financial administration – including to prepare and keep accurate financial records and reports; prepare for approval and manage company budgets; manage cash controls and collect money concerning account receivables; in conjunction with the CEO approve procurement requests and cash disbursements; prepare and perform payroll transactions as well as offer investment supports;
- Ensure that company policies (e.g., health and safety) are kept up-to-date and are approved; adhere to and implement company policies and procedures including that of oath of strict confidentiality; and ensure that other staff and associates are aware about policies implications (e.g., legal) and that they uphold a strict level of confidentiality;
- Attend to keeping company legal status including renewal of registrations and filing of annual returns; dealing with staff/company insurance policies, staff insurance statutory contributions;
- Develop and sustain a high-level of professionalism among staff and other stakeholders; and
- Undertake other relevant responsibilities as will be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience
- Have at least a Diploma in relevant fields such as environmental and social sciences, and community development with not less than four (4) years’ applicable work experience. Ability to perform and good attitude towards work is most crucial with interest in socioecological and sustainability issues.
- Must have a proven blend of apposite excellent skills like: relationship management; problem-solving; interpersonal communication; written and verbal communication; research, data analysis & presentation; multi-tasked with capability to impeccably prioritize multiple tasks; financial accounting & management; organisation; team player; ability to learn new things and work independently with professional discretion; etc.;
- Be a good computer literate with excellent attention to detail and highly result-oriented;
- Must work full-time;
- Must be of age not above 35 years; and
- Experience in fundraising, finance and accounting, building and construction, and ability to speak a foreign language such as French will be an important added advantage.