To make your education more affordable, the University of British Columbia is now accepting applications for Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award. The value of this study award is proportional to your financial need.
The study grant is available for undergraduate international students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
Clarity of Information
Great opportunity for international students.
User Review( votes)
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a global center for teaching, learning and research university. It is consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the world. UBC encourages bold thinking, curiosity, and initiative, so you can realize your greatest potential.
Why at University of British Columbia? For students, UBC provides a wide range of choices for learners at all stages of their careers. Its commitment to student engagement and success has made us a leader in applying learning research to improve teaching practice.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
University or Organization: University of British Columbia
Course Level: Undergraduate
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: Varies
Nationality: International students
The award can be taken in Canada
Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree program in any subject offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- Applicants must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Candidates must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other universities.
- Students must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Holders must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- Applicants must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- Students must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to be receiving this fund, candidates are requested to get admission at UBC. After that, you must submit their award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Although you can specify two-degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.
- Admision requirements: Candidates demonstrate superior academic achievement (‘A’ average or equivalent standing) and meet UBC’s other competitive admission requirements.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- The university provides the financial need for their students which is determined by totaling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year.
- A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.