The Methodist University College Ghana, a faith-based and multi-campus university college established in the year 2000, invites applications from qualified, results-driven and competent administrators to fill a vacant position as the Registrar of the University college.
Qualification required & experience
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer and is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the university college under the principal and in accordance with policy directives of the University council
- The Registrar is also the secretary to the University council and the academic board
- S/he provides strategic advice and briefings to the Principal and is expected to provide leadership and management across a wide range of activities.
- In this regard, the University college seeks candidates with the vision, proven administrative and academic distrinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public lifer.
- The right candidate shall a person of high integrity, strong moral character with excellent interpersonal relations and must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people
- The candidate must fully understand the complexity of a University system and must be able to effectively utilise its human resources to attain a world-class administrative system.
- In addition, the Registrar must be able to demonstrate dynamism and wisdom when confronted with crises or undesirable situations
- S/he must also be an achiever who should show exceptional abilities for institutional loyalty and networking with outside world.
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate high qualities of sound judgement, initiative, resourcefulness, precision and professionalism and must:
Terms of Appointment
- Possess at least a Master's Degree in relevant areas such as public administration, administration or any other relevant field of study. A legal background will be an added advantage
- Have at least 12 years post-qualification experience in tertiary education management or in management position in dustry, or any relevant public service organisation. At least 6 out of the relevant years of experience should have been at a Senior Assistant
- Registrar or equivalent senior management level in a private or public service. A Deputy Registrar level or postgraduate research degree will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate evidence of management writings that have contributed to the effective management of an institution of higher learning or industry
- Have strong intellect with excellent managerial, communication and interpersonal skills
- Be principled with strong and proven sense of morality and integrity
- Have an understanding of the history and evolution of universities, as well as local higher education policies and practice
- Have considerable experience in dealing with a wide range of internal and external publics
- Be a member of a recognized relevant professional association
Conditions of Service
- The appointment is full time. Successful applicant should be able to serve at least 4 years in office before reaching the age of 65 years
How To Apply For The Job
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the position are attractive
Interested candidates should send 10 copies of their application package, including the following:
- Curriculum vitae with documentation on personal history, academic credentials and work experience
Statement of vision of not more than 4 pages in standard font size of 12pt and one-and-half line spacing indicating how they would use their position to advance the vision and mission of the university college
3 referee reports to be sent directly to the address below. and
- Applicants should ensure that the package reaches the address.
Interested applicants must submit their applications, marked as: "Application for the Post of Registrar" to:
c/o The Office of the Principal
Methodist University College Ghana
Post Office Box DC 940
Dansonman - Accra
More from us:
Top Careers in Ghana, Top Career Articles, Job Vacancies in Ghana, No.1 Jobs Portal in Ghana