- Manage the distillery’s workforce to meet production goals
Ensure the distillery’s departments have enough staff available to meet production goals. This must be done while observing budgetary restraints.
- Ensure that the distillery’s products maintain quality standards
Work in conjunction with the production line and technical staff to ensure the distillery’s products remain high quality.
- Manage distillery equipment
Ensuring that distillery equipment is used effectively and maintained correctly.
- Monitor costs during the production process
Ensure that the cost of each production run remains compliant with the budget set out for it. They will also do their best to avoid any mistakes that cause a loss on the production line.
- Ensure health and safety compliance
Ensure that the distillery is a safe place to work. Working with other staff, they will ensure the necessary workplace safety regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations
Supervise all distillery departments to ensure they comply with environmental regulations.
- Organise the maintenance of equipment
Guide the maintenance department to ensure that all equipment remains in top working order.
- Help to market the distillery and improve its profile
Work with the marketing team and upper management to develop better ways to market the distillery. A distillery manager will support marketing efforts by traveling to meet with customers and promoting the distillery at events.
- Supervise the production of new make spirit
Supervise all aspects of this process including planning, sourcing raw materials, scheduling production runs, and managing the production line. The distillery manager will also liaise with various departments so they are aware of the process and their part in it.
- Administration tasks
Record data about the production process and warehousing of spirit. This data is usually shared with senior management and shared between departments.
- Produce regulatory documents to suit HMRC and other bodies
Responsible for creating the documentation that allows it to keep running.
- Identify ways to improve the distillery
Key driver of improvement for a distillery. They will look for ways to improve worker efficiency, better ways to organise the warehouses, more efficient processing of raw materials, better environmental practices, security improvements and so on.
More from us: Top Careers in Ghana, Top Career Articles, Job Vacancies in Ghana, No.1 Jobs Portal in Ghana