Division: Risk & Compliance
Department: Risk & Compliance
Level: MTN Level 3
Reports to: GM, Risk & Compliance
- Ensure that ethics is part of the identity of MTN through the implementation of ethics governance, management and culture change strategy and ongoing ethics training to support the ethics strategy.
- This is inclusive of reporting to the business on risk management processes, in line with Enterprise Risk strategy and best practices, offering specialized advice and recommendations, where necessary.
- Ultimately, the role is responsible end-to-end to assist in identifying ethics risks faced by MTN Ghana (current and anticipated), prioritizing risks depending on its material impact and working with Senior Management and other leaders within the business to mitigate these as effectively as possible.
- Ensure effective implementation of the Group-wide ethics strategy by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support
- Ensure that appropriate ethical measurement metrics are set to track progress made across MTN Ghana
- Drive and maintain good level of Ethics and Fraud Awareness across the business and with third parties
- Implement and monitor the established Ethics Risk Management (ERM) programme and methodology for their area, within the established Enterprise Risk Management standards, frameworks and solutions, in accordance with both internal and industry benchmarks
- Collaborate in building and entrenching a risk-aware culture, by formulating Risk Management education content and arranging appropriate briefings and trainings
- Ensure open communication channels with staff and implement change management interventions where necessary
- Implement Group Ethics Management strategies, frameworks, policies and procedures in line with the overarching business goals and ensure that MTN Ghana maintains and improves its Ethics Management leadership positioning and reputation
- Promote an ‘MTN centric’ and ‘partnership approach’ to develop strong relationships with other working groups and ensure adherence to Group governance
- Regularly liaise with Executive Management and CEO on various ethical matters especially tracking, ownership and mitigation of ethical items identified
- Ensure accurate updating of ethics items identified on ethics management system
- Define the standards and set targets for performance across various activities and identify the parameters for measurement of performance
- Set up / participate in ad-hoc and operational meetings
- Participate and provide inputs in tactical meetings
- Report at process and functional level
Ensure implementation of the Group Risk Escalation and Acceptance Policy; furthermore:
- Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on critical path of service delivery.
- Escalate issues in line with the Group Risk Escalation and Acceptance Policy
- Manage and provide solutions to issues that require formal resolution
- Escalate ethics related stakeholder issues that will result in reputational damage if not resolved
- Manage and, through stakeholder consultation where relevant, provide solutions to ethics management and governance issues
- Provide input on risk standards and practices derived from analytics on internal data and make recommendations, as appropriate
- Perform Business Impact Trend Analyses on both internal and external risks that have an ethical impact / implication that need to be addressed to sustain business operations stability
- Identify possible implications arising out of the Trend Analyses and propose recommendations on corrective actions to be pursued
- Prepare and deliver high level internal and external risk reports to Management by defining ethics risks that require immediate attention, to assist in enhancing the effective and efficient operation of MTN Ghana
- Provide inputs to the Senior Manager, as required, relating to progress made within the ethics programme, in accordance with the measurement metrics set by MTN Ghana and MTN Group
MTN is entering a new phase in its lifecycle where operational and commercial excellence has become critical for success. The urgency for change has become more heightened amidst increased competitive intensity across all markets in which MTN operates. The Manager, Ethics must therefore ensure successful delivery in the context of:
- Diversifying telco-to-techno landscape
- Evolving industry ecosystems
- Volatile and unstable currency and market movements in MTN Ghana
- Myriad Tax Legislations, within MTN Ghana
- Possible revenue leakages from the system
- New imperatives concerning data privacy and security and building strong digital trust partnerships
- Rapid adoption of new routes to innovation and technologies that can destabilise business
- Volatile geographical environments to emergencies that threaten the ordinary course of business (Natural Disasters, Socio-
- Political upheaval, Terrorist Attacks, Health Threats)
- Constant dynamic risk challenges that are unique to MTN Ghana and the region
- Mitigating risks, averting disaster and safeguarding security through business intelligence to maximize business impact
- Management of demanding customer and supplier expectations
- Enhancing MTN Ghana reputational position as a leading secure, reliable and safe network and system provider
Qualification Required & Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Risk Management/Financial Risk Management/Business Administration/Finance
- Professional qualification in Ethics Management and Enterprise Risk Management is an added advantageous
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Enterprise Risk Management, preferably in the Telecommunications industry
- Experience in working within a medium organization
- Experience in supervising others is advantageous
- Experience in working across diverse cultures and geographies is advantageous
- Understanding of emerging markets is advantageous
- Experience as an ethics officer in a medium to large organization an advantage.
- Ethics Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong Risk Assessment and Analytical skills – preferably in the context of Technology
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Corporate governance
- Strong knowledge of ethics related issues and concerns within the telecoms industry
Skills / physical competencies;
- Demonstrated ability to build partnering relationships across the company at all levels.
- Persuasive, good listener and assimilator of ideas and perspectives.
- Analytical and detail conscious
- Proven ability to deliver agreed outcomes/deliverables.
- Ability to think strategically to ensure operational resiliency.
- Articulate and proven ability to communicate clearly and appropriately based on audience with excellent facilitation skills at all levels
- Ability to deliver briefings and presentations to senior management
- High degree of self-motivation, creativity, initiative, enthusiasm, and determination.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Able to work independently and unsupervised with minimal guidance.
- Sound analysis, judgment and decision making skills.
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Customer Focus
- Performance Excellence
- Team building abilities
- Ability to think and articulate thoughts logically
- Result Orientation
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality at all times
More from us: No.1 jobs website in Ghana, Jobs in Ghana 2019, Top Career Articles, Find your dream jobs in Ghana