Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancy for a passion driven, customer focused, strong convincing skills and energetic individual with the below relevant qualification/s and experience to occupy the Bluestar Business Development Officer (BBDO) position in the organisation. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the underserved and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide.
Length of contract: One (1) year contract.
Bluestar Business Development Officer (BBDO)- (Greater Accra, Ashanti, Western, Eastern, Volta And Northern)
The Bluestar Business Development Officer (BBDO) for Social Franchise is responsible for ensuring the operational delivery of the organisational Social Franchise strategy. The role is aimed at delivering excellence within the four pillars of success for the channel and achieve over increasing levels of commercial viability, impact and sustainability of the facilities. The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the strategy in the field and to maintain professional relations with each Franchised Outlet for both internal and external audiences. The position holder is part of the Regional Operations Directorate and expected to contribute to the organisation strategy and to model key leadership behaviours to demonstrate the organisation’s values.
The BBDO will report to the Head of Social Franchise with dotted reporting lines to the respective Regional Manager.
- Conduct an objective assessment of quality from a client perspective and support the improvement of Social franchise (SF) on how this might be improved
- Assess the suitability of clinical supplies being used by each SF and recommend process improvements to ensure the constant availability of quality assured supplies at the best price.
- Direct and assist SF to make any changes required to ensure success against quality assurance and / or other quality accreditation requirements; including preparation for audit.
- Manage the report and clinical incidents by liaising between the clinical assessor and SF operations management
- Consistently review local market dynamics for primary healthcare services to enable services on demand to meet quality and price per facility.
- Assess and recommend facility improvements for each SF to ensure consistency against the network branding and clinic design guidelines.
- Evaluate the potential of proposed marketing communications and demand generation initiatives to increase client visits for each SF.
- Use data and the model to provide specific recommendations to each franchised Outlet that improve financial sustainability
- Provide leadership and guidance to franchised outlets on accurate data capture and timely reporting.
- Identify and manage opportunities to engage advisors and partners as part of business financing and supply chain management
- Set and review performance against targets.
- Any other duties that may come up.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, business administration, public health or social sciences/development studies
- Other professional qualifications, ideally in marketing / business development
The candidate must have;
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ of relevant post-graduation work experience and at least Three (3) years of experience in marketing/relationship management
- Demonstrated strong business management skills for a portfolio of a similar size, scale and experience in managing multiple relationships simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in successfully launching new projects, activities and working through others to fully realise implementation plans
- Demonstrated experience in successfully working across teams
- Experience in working with young people (e.g. behaviour change communication activities, marketing activities, peer educator programmes, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Articulate and analytical with attention to detail and should be results oriented.
- Ability to spot bottlenecks, resolve issues, and trouble shoot.
- Experience in delivering training and strong partnership support.
- Experience in working for and with NGOs (or multilateral or bilateral agencies such as the UN) and specific experience working with international NGOs.
- Experience in working with both public and private health facilities
- Experience in working in sexual and reproductive health
- Able to work on own initiative and must be very innovative.
- Pro-family planning and pro-choice.
This is a local position. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
More from us: Jobs portal, Jobs in Ghana, Candidates in Ghana, Current Jobs in Ghana, Top Career Articles