A new company is looking to recruit an Accountant.
- Liaise with other staff and management to ensure business continuity and intelligence. Establish and maintain a strong controls environment.
- Liaise with local advisers, bankers and statutory authorities to ensure that company complies with all relevant regulations (including VAT, PAYE and Corporation income tax)
- Driving automation and cost efficiency in all areas.
- Accurate recording and reporting of financial results
- Use system tools to provide relevant and timely commercial information to the business. Use this information to provide early warning of any potential issues and advise on recommended actions
- Assess accounting issues relating to new products and services (including revenue recognition) and ensure that policies and systems are designed accordingly
- Manage Partner bank relationships for optimal value.
- Lead and ensure a clean 3-way reconciliation at all times across all accounts
- Develop tools to monitor and ensure timely settlement/ payment of all products delivered to customers
- Monitor and ensure all prepaid accounts are ready for operational activity – monitor the accounts and top-up accordingly.
- Liaising with warehouse representative to reconcile operational transactions in the warehouse
- Handle the day-to-day management/development of all other support staff
- Preparation of Financial report
- Payroll management
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and or Banking and Finance with 5 years’ experience is required.
- Must be able to use basic accounting software (Quick books, SAP, Tally)
- Qualified accountant with strong academic background
- Conversant with topical and relevant technical accounting issues
- Good communicator in English, both written and oral, with the ability to influence peers and more senior management
- Strong knowledge of local business regulations (tax, statutory returns etc.)
- Ability to work independently and good self-organizer
- Team management skills and history of having coached team members to achieve the organizational aims
- Confident with IT systems and working with data in an efficient way
- Understanding of mobile payments or other Fin-tech products is desirable
- Salary commensurate with level of experience
- Must be able to drive and possess a valid driving license
More from us: Jobs portal, Jobs in Ghana, Candidates in Ghana, Current Jobs in Ghana, Top Career Articles