We are looking for a skilled Construction expeditor to facilitate the smooth completion of construction projects. You will ensure that every construction site or job has an adequate and timely flow of materials and equipment.
A construction expeditor must be a well-organized individual able to multitask. You should possess great communication skills and ability to solve problems. Experience in project management will be very useful as knowledge of basic purchasing and technical principles.
The goal is to support the timely and cost-effective completion of construction projects.
- Determine supply needs through technical details and schedules
- Manage the orders of material and equipment to meet project requirements
- Coordinate the delivery of supplies according to priorities and specifications
- Resolve problems to speed up delivery of orders
- Inspect orders upon arrival to ensure the correct quality and quantity
- Monitor inventory of supplies for different jobs or sites
- Place orders when needed aiming for timely delivery and competitive price
- Arrange the movement of material between locations
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Keep accurate records
- Proven experience as construction expeditor or relevant position
- Experience in project management
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and filing systems
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities
- Apt in problem-solving
- High school diploma is preferred