Central Michigan University (CMU) is thrilled to offer the Centralis Scholarship Competition to support the tuition-fees in the United States.
The program is a premier merit award open for the top high school seniors who are going to comprise the incoming freshman class of Centralis Honors Scholars.
Clarity of Information
A leading opportunity to fund the education with full-tuition discount at Central Michigan University, USA.
User Review( votes)
The program is a broadly enriched educational experience for students with high academic potential who seek to achieve higher aims through unique educational opportunities and experiences and more meaningfully.
As one of the largest universities in the Michigan States, CMU is one of the 100 largest public universities in the country that established in 1892. CMU provides 200 academic programs at the bachelor, postgraduate, specialist, and PhD levels.
Application Deadline: October 26 and November 9, 2019
- University or Organization: Central Michigan University, USA
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Award from full-tuition to a full-ride
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 150 awards in three categories
- Nationality: US citizens
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grants will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants check the given eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be high school seniors who will be accepted for admission to CMU and
- Students also must meet the academic qualifications of a minimum of high school GPA of 3.7 and a minimum 1260 SAT or 27 ACT score.
- The high school principal must write a nomination letter indicating both of the following:
- Evidence student has overcome obstacles, challenges, or barriers that have negatively impacted the ability to meet the minimum criteria.
- Evidence student has strong academic potential and can document a good fit with the Centralis-Honors Scholar Program on the full application.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There are three steps that students are required to follow:
- Step 1: Apply for Admission to CMU at cmich.edu.
- Step 2: Register for the competition: Students can register for the Centralis Honors Scholarship Competition by visiting cmich.edu/centralis or via phone at (989) 774-3076.
- Step 3: Download and complete the competition application: There are two options available to complete the application. One is a Word Document that you can download and print to fill out, and one is a fillable PDF form that you can fill in on the computer and print out.
- The essay and this application must be mailed together in one envelope, with a postmark no later than November 8, 2019, to- CMU Honors Program Office, 104 Powers Hall, Mount Pleasant, MI 48859
- Supporting Documents: Submit a written essay, official high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores. The principal’s nomination letter will become part of the application packet.
- Admission Requirements: Student should have both a minimum 3.7 high school GPA and 1260 SAT score or 27 ACT score before they register for the competition.
Winner will have an opportunity to win an award from one of the given categories. All awards include admission to the CMU Honors Program.
- Centralis Scholar Award: There 20 prizes will be awarded. The award includes full tuition, fees and room and boards each year for four years and a $5,000 study away award. Its current four-year value is nearly $100,000.
- Centralis Gold Award: There 80 grants will be awarded. The prize covers full-tuition each year for four years, and a $5,000 study away award. Its four-year value is approximately $58,000.
- Centralis Maroon Award: There 50 awards will be awarded. The student’s earned tuition merit scholarship and a $5,000 study away award.